03 May, 2011

Hot topic


With the warm Summer months coming, for many, this means stocking up on supplies that help protect our precious skin from damage.

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen came up at the dinner table tonight because of her recent comments on sunscreen.  Gisele is under fire with major companies and the mainstream media for "Infuriating cancer experts" with her views on sunscreen and skincare.


What is your opinion on sunscreen, be it all-natural or completely chemical-laden?  Do you use it, and if not, what is your alternative?  If yes, what is your favourite brand(s)?  Last year, after seeing a Dr. Mercola's suncare lotion bottle in a friend's home, I decided to try it for myself.  Consensus is that the lotion worked well, except that it would sit better on my skin if it would mix with the raw coconut oil that I use as a daily mosturiser!


Another brand I use (per recommendation) is Alba Botanica.  It is non-greasy (which is a huge plus in my book) and glides on wonderfully -- I just wish it came in a larger bottle!


Before you consider buying anything, read these:

People's Environmental Working Group 2010 Sunscreen Report.  Definitely worth looking over, since EWG researchers recommend only 39 out of 500 beach and sport sunscreens.  That is a mere 8%!



What will your Summer skincare routine be like?  Share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment