24 June, 2011

Workout wear

 Source: Flickr (user lululemonathletica)

Well, I'm back from my cruise!  It was an incredible experience, and I still managed to get a lot of exercising in, in between sampling many delicious dishes...

Today, I wanted to talk about workout clothes.  Personally, I don't buy new active-related outfits all that often; I have the basics and tend to re-use/re-wear what's in my drawers until it's time to replace it.

Reading through e-mails today, I came across a Summer Fit Wear list from stylist Rachel Zoe (whom is certainly fashionista and not fitness guru, but still).  The picks that stood out to me were the Heidi Klum for New Balance black trainers, Marc Jacobs sport watch, and colourful sports satchel.

FitSugar is great about recommending fresh products.  Try Stylish Workout Capris, or Best Underwear For Workouts.

Do you have sportswear brand loyalty?  Say, Athleta, Lucy, Lululemon?  Classics like Nike or Adidas?  Gap Body?  I hear good things about Victoria Secret's athletic line, too. 

Let me know what your favourites and recommendations!

3 comments:

  1. Lululemon and Athleta are both kinda pricey, but really good quality. You could prob save by buying off Ebay. (I have a couple of times, but know my size) I am liking the cheapy Danskin line at Walmart right now. I have several pairs of their "Butt-lifting" capris. (I know) They are $15 a pair and wash wear and feel good. Also loving their $5 active tanks that look layered but aren't. You can get catalogs from Athleta and they have pretty good sales, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Great Blog! I'm resting my foot after a run and was looking for some workout inspiration. Got my wedding in October and dress fitting on Thurday, yikes! Trying to get svelt. I like this shop called See Jane Run in Noe Valley. Lots of cute stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinkcamellia, I agree; Lululemon and Athleta are definitely on the pricier side, although their products still seem to get rave reviews. Thank you very much for the recommendations! I will keep an eye out on Ebay, as well as check Wal-Mart.

    Camdolan, thanks so much! You sound like you are doing an amazing job in preparation for your wedding -- congratulations, and keep up the fab work!

    ReplyDelete