29 October, 2010

"No pain, no gain"

 Source: Flickr (user godsemerald)

OK, did you read yesterday's entry? That Tracy Anderson workout you were supposed to look at?  Well, if you haven't yet, please do yourself a favour and go check it out!  I did the exercises yesterday, and my abs are STILL burning.  This, blog world, is a good sign that the exercises are working!  You know that saying, "No pain, no gain"?  It definitely rings true!

Another plus?  It didn't end up raining last night (stayed dry until tonight), so I was able to walk almost 2 more miles with my younger brother, B.  Oh, sweet success!

I will leave you with some fitness and dietary tips from Tracy:
  • Watch yourself exercise. “Look at yourself in the mirror and critique yourself and your movements as you would a piece of artwork. Have an opinion about how you are moving.”  (and, I'd like to interject, pay attention to proper form!  You can really hurt yourself, damage future efforts, and completely set yourself back if you are lazy about this.)
  • Think high reps, low weights. “For me, fitness is all about high repetitions and low resistance. I mean 60 reps with 10 different exercises using weights of three pounds or below.”
  • Don’t just switch off while you’re working out. “I have done research about people who think they’re doing movements and people - like Madonna and professional dancers - who are actually ‘performing’ movements. The people who can connect and perform during their workout get results way above and beyond the people who are just going through the motions.”
  • Unless you need to lose weight, eat what you want, but sensibly. “I like for people to be not in their heads about eating [i.e. they should not get stressed about it]. Food restriction can become a real mental game and I’m not a fan.”
  • If you do need to lose weight, be strict with yourself, however. “I’m not a fan of dairy for women and I don’t like processed foods. Every day I drink a juice with parsley, kale, ginger and apple. I eat lean proteins like fish and chicken as well as quinoa and brown rice.”
Inspired?  Fantastic!  Now, off to work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment